- Science is an attempt to interpret the facts of nature.
- Christian theology is an attempt to interpret the words of the Bible.
- According to that theology, God created the universe and is responsible for the words of the Bible.
- Since the Bible repeatedly declares that God cannot lie or deceive, no contradiction can exist between the words of the Bible and the facts of nature.
- Therefore, any conflict between science and Christian theology must be attributed to human misunderstanding or misrepresentation.
- Such conflicts need not cast doubt on the integrity of the Christian faith or raise suspicion toward all science and scientists.
- Such conflicts indicate that further research is need.
-2004 “A Matter Of Days” by Hugh Ross