Innocent Christian Devotion Or Something Else?
What really disturbs me within the Catholic faith is that millions of Catholics worldwide are giving much time in devotion to the various Marian apparition and it’s messages. Today’s article will be a short examination of why I believe these apparitions are fully demonic.  Fr. Benedict J. Groeschel wrote in his book A Still Small Voice (pg. 50) that various locutions “may be the work of Satan”. A locution is a paranormal experience where the recipient hears a voice but it’s not audible. Many visionaries of the Marian apparitions have this phenomenon happen to them; exactly in the same manner of those that have had “alien” encounters and/or abductions. It’s my position that it’s the same agents of deception but with minor variations. It’s also well known that the apparitions appear with physical characteristics of the country where she presents herself to (The Great Crusade of Love, Message number CL – given on January 25, 1996). I would not trust a shape shifting apparition.
In the Catechism it even says that the “Christian faith cannot accept “revelations” that claim to surpass or correct the Revelation of which Christ is the fulfillment” (pg. 28 paragraph 67). Some of these messages from the various accepted apparitions do exactly that and contain contrary teachings to the Bible. Here are some of those messages which are sanctioned (Caps/bold mine):
- I ALONE am able still to save you from the calamities which approach. Those who place their confidence in ME (emphasis added) will be saved. (Teiji Yasuda, O. S. V., “Akita: The Tears and Message of Mary”, Asbury NJ, 101 Foundation, Inc., pg. 78 Message from Our Lady Akita to Sister Agnes Sasagwa) Read Isaiah 43: 11
- I boldly assert that His suffering became my suffering, because His heart was mine. And just as Adam and Eve sold the world for an apple, so in a sense my Son AND I REDEEMED the world with ONE heart. (Petrisko pg. 247, message to St. Bridget of Sweden, 14th century) Read Isaiah 53:6, 11
- The great Mother humiliated Herself to the lowest depths;…And, as if ashamed in the presence of her divine Son for not having paid her debts, SHE OFFERED HER OWN LIFE AND HER OWN BLOOD in satisfaction and in imitation of her Master’s example…She begged that she alone be singled out to suffer for his love. (Mary of Agreda, “Mystical City of God Vol. IV: The Coronation” pg. 565 paragraph 666. Apparition of Mary to Sister Mary of Agreda, Spain circa 1617) Read Hebrews 10:12-14
- Little children, I am the Mother of Good Counsel, MEDIATOR, who is trying to persuade you to listen to the call. My message is of faith, hope, and love.More than anything, it brings reconciliation between people and nations. It is the only thing that can save this century from war and death. (Sims, pg. 50 Message given to Maria Esperanza in Betania, Venezuela) Read 1 Timothy 2:5
- I stand here as the CO-REDEMPTRIX AND ADVOCATE. EVERYTHING should be concentrated on that. Repeat this after Me: The new dogma will be the “dogma of the CO-REDEMPTRIX”. Notice, I lay special emphasis on “Co”. I have said that it will arouse much controversy. Once again I tell you that the Church “Rome”, will carry it through and silence ALL OBJECTIONS. (Mark I Miravalle, S. T. D., “The Dogma and The Triumph”, Santa Barbara, CA, Queenship Publishing, 1998, pg. 115) Read John 2:1,2
- In the SUFFERINGS, BOTH SPIRITUAL AND BODILY, the Lady, the Mother has SHARED. She has always gone before. As soon as the Father had elected Her, She was the CO-REDEMPTRIX with the Redeemer, who came into the world as the Man-God. Tell that to your theologians. (Kunzli pg. 50. Message given on April 29th, 1951) Read Titus 2:13, 14
- I GAVE YOU six days for working. The seventh I HAVE RESERVED FOR MYSELF. But no one will give it to me. THIS IS WHAT CAUSES my Son’s arm to be so CRUSHING. (Lord, pg. 70. Apparition of Mary to Maximin Graud and Melanie Mathieu, LaSalette, France, 1846) Read Exodus 20:9, 10
- I am the QUEEN OF HEAVEN and the Queen of Angels. (Raphael Brown, pg. 63) Read Jeremiah 7:18
- The Mother of God HAS PROMISED ETERNAL LIFE to those who die wearing this mantle. (Brown Scapular or the Miraculous Metal; 1983 “Our Lady Fatima’s Peace Plan From Heaven” pg. 21-23) Read John 3:16
- I AM THE GATE WHICH OPENS UPON YOUR SALVATION because, through it, EVERYONE OF YOU MUST PASS TO ARRIVE AT YOUR PERSONAL ENCOUNTER WITH THE LORD. For this, my Son Jesus has constituted me true Mother of all humanity. Only if you pass through this, MY GATE, can you gain entrance in the HEAVENLY garden. (Message given at Milan, Italy on December 8th, 1991 to Father Gobbi) Read 1 John 5:11, 12
Here’s my contention, though such teachings are not required to be a Catholic (Catholics are quick to point this out), nevertheless they are revered within the church. To accept teachings (and not speak out against such false teachings) is allowing false doctrine to be taught. Biblically speaking, false teaching should be pointed out (Ephesians 5:11) and condemned but why does the Catholic Church not do this?
1. To read more about the Marian apparitions and what they say, read Messages From Heaven by Jim Tetlow. Much of my information came from this excellent book.